- This Grand Master tournament is organised to promote chess and training for Goan/national players with other strong national and international players where in our players can obtain the title norms and rating. This event is organised along with Orisa Open and Mumbai Mayor cup. Goa GM tournament is last in this series.
- Registration for tournament and bank details:
All the applications for registration for the tournament to be forwarded in attached entry form and entry fee by Demand Draft favouring “GOA CHESS ASSOCIATION”, payable at Panaji-Goa. The entry fees with cheques/cash deposits will not be accepted. The Address for sending the entries is “The Secretary, Goa Chess Association, C/O Kishor M Bandekar, 1st Floor, Gabmar Apartment, Opposite Axis Bank, Vasco da Gama, Goa, India. 403802 –Tel 0832-2513370/ 9834161200.The copy of entry form and Demand Draft/NEFT/RTGS proof of payment also to be forwarded to email:goachessassociation.com
Players can also pay the entry fee directly to the following account through NEFT and forward the entry form along with transaction receipt. Please note that cash deposit in account will not be entertained.
Details of Bank Account for payment of entry fee:
Name of Bank: BANK OF INDIA, Branch Address: Swatantrya Path P.O. 17, Vasco da Gama, Goa, INDIA, 403802 , Account Name: GOA CHESS ASSOCIATION ,Current Account No:100020110000387, IFSC Code: KID0001000 MICR Code: 403013026 Swift code: BKIDINBBVAS
After sending the entries to Goa Chess Association, same may be uploaded on offline mode on GMGOA.com. Players should confirm their entries in the list published on website www.gmgoa.com one week before the date of tournament. In case of any discrepancy or non appearance of entry in the said list, same be reported by foreign players to email id email@example.com and Indian players to email on firstname.lastname@example.org for information of registration team for looking into the matter.
- The Organisers reserves the right to not to accept any entry/s for this tournament without assigning any reasons.
- Entry Form:It is mandatory to forward the entry form in the given format for accepting the entries along with prescribed entry fee on offline mode on gmgoa.com website.
- Discount to Physically Challenged: Players who submits the proof of 40% and above disability of physically challenged players shall be eligible for the waiver of Rs.1,500 on entry fee. The certification of disability should be strictly from Government authorised hospitals. Waiver will be granted only after submission of such documents.
- AICF Registration for Indian Players: All Indian players must be registered with AICF for the year 2019-20.
- Foreign Players: All Foreign Players participating in this tournament, must have a valid FIDE ID before start of the tournament.
- Hosting of Entry on Chessresult.com: No entry will be entered for pairing/in chess-results.com unless receipt of entry fee in GCA bank account is confirmed by bank. Players are requested to pay the money online on the gmgoa.com website with no additional charges for such payment as cost will be borne by organisers. NEFT/Cheque Deposits will be subject to clearance and if same is not cleared, or returned, late fee shall be attracted as per payment time schedule. In case of any issue of entry fee for non payment, players name will not be taken up for pairing unless same is clarified by the players.
- Free Accommodation: All participants registered by paying the registration fees before 31st May 2019 will be provided free non A/C accommodation on triple sharing basis/dormitory accommodation for entire duration of the event. Entries will be accepted at venue upto 17th June 2019 till 20.00 hrs. No request towards waiver of entry fee will be entertained.
- No waiver/no refunds: No request towards waiver of entry fee or waiver of late fee will be entertained. In case accompanying persons wishing to checkout the room for any reasons, no refunds shall be granted by the organisers.
- GCA registration: Those Goan Players who are registered with Goa Chess Association on or before 30-4-2019 will be considered as players registered with GCA.
- Reporting for registration/tournament/accommodation : All Players to report to the volunteer at registration counter at the venue. for submission of entry form/payment details/confirming the entry/allotment of hotel for A and B category 1 pm onwards on 17th June 2019 and for C category at 1 pm onwards on 21st June 2019. The accommodation to the players will be allotted on receipt of acceptance of registration applications well before arrival and players and will be intimated by email/ mobile messages provided by them in the entry form and also details will be posted on the tournament website www.gmgoa.com. All players and accompanying persons should carry their valid Ids in original.
- i)Tournament Rules for A Category:
(a) System of Play: The tournament will be conducted as per FIDE Laws of Chess and FIDE Swiss System with 10 rounds. (b) Time Control: 90 Minutes plus 30 second increment from move 1 for the entire game. (c)Default Time (Walk Over Time): The default time will be 30 minutes. (d)Draw Offer: Players can’t make an agreed draw before 30th black move. (e) Tie Break: In case of a tie, the latest FIDE Rules shall come in to effect.
ii)Tournament Rules for B and C Category:
- System of Play: The tournament will be conducted as per FIDE Laws of Chess and FIDE Swiss System with 10 rounds. (b) Time Control : 60 Minutes plus 30 second increment from move 1 for entire game. (c) Default Time (Walk Over Time):The default time will be 15 (d) Tie Break: In case of a tie, the latest FIDE Rules shall come in to effect.
- Protest if any is to be given in writing to the Chief Arbiter in writing within 15 minutes of the occurrence, with a fee of Rs.1,000/- which will be refunded if the protest is upheld by the appeals committee.
- I) Accommodation and food for A category:
All GMs will be provided free hotel*A/C accommodation on twin sharing basis. All IMs/WGMs/WIMs/Players above 2300 rating will be provided free A/C hotel accommodation on twin sharing basis. All other participants will be provided free non A/C accommodation on triple sharing basis/dormitory accommodation for entire duration of the event. Breakfast and lunch will be provided at venue. Dinner to A category players shall be provided at venue on 19th and 22nd June when there are 2 rounds in a day schedule. Players have to arrange rest of the food themselves at own cost. No special transport will be provided to come to venue for B/F, lunch or dinner and players have to accommodate in regular scheduled transport provided by the organisers.
- Accommodation and food For B and C Category: Free lodging and boarding as specified hereinafter shall be allotted for 4 nights for B category and 5 nights for C category on triple/dormitory sharing basis. Goan players will not be entitled for accommodation however they will be entitled for lunch/dinner during tournament days. If any player requires double sharing accommodation, he/she has to pay additional as per tariff rate per person in advance along with entry fee, allotment shall be subject to availability.
- Food will be free to all registered players/accompanying registered persons as per the menu specified on the tournament website. Indian style breakfast will be provided at the venue only. Lunch/Dinner shall be basic Indian veg. Meal with one non veg item. Location of lunch and dinner for all players shall be at the Venue. The timings will be specified in the circular available at hotel/co-ordinators. There will be food stall where in players/accompanying person can buy the food/snacks/coffee on payment basis.
- *Prize money mentioned in USD are indicated at present rate and payment shall be made at the actual rate prevailing on the day of PD. Prizes earned by foreign players shall be subject to withholding tax @20.80% and will be paid by bank cheque or by foreign remittance to the account of players. Prize money indicated in USD are indicated at present rate and payment shall be made at rates prevailing on the day of the actual payment/PD. Prize Money shall be paid by cheque/ Bank Transfer and subject to tax at source as per Indian Income Tax Act/Rules. One player will be given one (higher) prize only. The Cash prizes will not be shared
- Transport to venue and back:
- On the day of arrival, players have to reach to the registration counter ofat the venue on their own. For the players who want to visit the venue for registration or otherwise, there are regular mini busses plying from Panaji city to venue at Bambolim/university, from KTC bus stand Panaji. Rickshaws and taxis are available at KTC bus stand and other rickshaw stands to hotels which are around Panaji.
- During the tournament days there will be transport arrangement from the hotel to the venue sharp at time specified as per circular available with the hotels. The players will be dropped back at hotel after completion of the last round of the day in trips on first come first drop basis.
- On the last day of the tournament, players will be dropped at their hotels and they have to checkout before 8.00 am on 26th June 2019 in case of A and C category players whereas players playing only B category should checkout at 8.00 am on 21st June itself so that rooms can be allotted on same day to C category players. Any extension of accommodation, may be directly dealt with the hotels. The player has to arrange own transport on the departure day. Players who are in hurry to catch flights/trains or busses on the day of PD function, may make their own arrangements in advance for their drop from the venue to their desired destination. Players of A and C categories checking out on 25th June 2019 itself, should inform the organisers about the same so that room can be returned to the hotels.
- Weather: In Goa, month of June is the monsoon season and may have to carry suitable clothing, umbrellas and medicines. Generally the minimum/maximum temperature will be around 28/30 and lowest may be around 24 Degree Celsius. Generally beaches in Goa are closed but one can enjoy green Goa during monsoons. Venturing into sea must be avoided for safety.
- Location of venue: The Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Indoor Stadium is located close to GPS point 15.27.27 N and 73.50.27 E and nearer from Goa Medical College and Hotel International Centre, off NH 66. One can also reach to the venue from Panaji City via DB Marg, a distance of around 3 km. There are minibuses plying from city to University/Goa Medical College (venue). Rickshaws and taxis are available from Panaji city to venue. One can take two wheeler pilot driven taxis which are also available on hire for self driving. All participants registers by paying the registration fees before 31st May 2019 will be provided free non A/C accommodation on triple sharing basis/dormitory accommodation for entire duration of the event.